Saturday, November 09, 2013

Return to Deva Victrix

Saturday, November 9th, 2013


A day in Chester today, and what a picturesque city it is. This shot was taken looking down on the street from the clock on the walls. It looks to me like an L S Lowry painting scribbled over by Salvadore Dali.
I have a special connection with Chester, as that was the first place where Gareth and I lived together, for six months, far too long ago for comfort! We lived in a pokey attic flat in Hoole, which had an anti-social neighbour below and a ghastly, unidentifiable smell that emanated from the cavity walls.
Ah, the memories ... ! Mind you, it was better than the student digs I lived in before that, which were below ground and with metal bars on the window. It was a proper flat, trust me, I didn't actually live in an asylum.

No comments:

Post a Comment