Thursday, November 14, 2013

Say hello, wave goodbye (for now)

Thursday, November 14th, 2013


For several years now I have been working with my good friend Eva on making newspapers, and in that time we have grown from acquaintances to work colleagues to proper best mates, almost like brother and sister.
But for the next five weeks Eva is to be seconded to another raft of duties and won't be working as closely with me for that time, and today when I left work I felt sort of sad, almost like she was leaving.
I'll miss her smile, her contrariness, her unique way of looking at life, her undiminishing support and advice, but most of all, I'll miss the camaraderie and the almost unspoken shorthand we have as working partners. Even at my grumpiest and in my darkest moments, she has the ability to lift me, and that is very valuable in a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment