Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December 15 - Joseph Fiennes


Each day in December I'll be celebrating a handsome man. You may ask why, but there's no meaningful reply I can give other than: why not? They'll be revealed over the next 31 days in strict alphabetical order, so no favouritism. And you never know, I might celebrate 31 women in January...!

JOSEPH FIENNES, 45
I've been a fan of Joe's for many years, since he first came to prominence as the Bard in that fantastic 1998 film Shakespeare in Love. I think he looked his best ever in that film, but a few years later he got the lead in a quickly axed American series called FlashForward, and again he looked very handsome indeed (it's something about the way he holds his mouth. Oh, and the eyes!). His co-star in that was John Cho, who has already popped up on this list (December 6), while another performer in that series was Michael Ealy (my December 13). It was a very productive series, FlashForward! I remember seeing Joe playing Merlin in another axed US series called Camelot, and he was sadly pretty poor in that (and the skinhead did not suit him), but now he's back on track, having more recently popped up in the second series of American Horror Story.


No comments:

Post a Comment