Wednesday, December 30, 2015

December 30 - Jason Statham


Each day in December I'll be celebrating a handsome man. You may ask why, but there's no meaningful reply I can give other than: why not? They'll be revealed over the next 31 days in strict alphabetical order, so no favouritism. And you never know, I might celebrate 31 women in January...!

JASON STATHAM, 48
Jason will have a place in my heart for all time. This guy simply embodies masculinity to me, and although he's not typically handsome, it's his stubbly, gruff, rough around the edges quality which does it for me. He has the type of accent you sometimes wonder if he's faking (something I also think about TV chef Gino D'Acampo), and he doesn't exactly have a broad acting range, but who cares when he looks like that? I love his action films for what they are - bloody good action films, and no more. The Transporter trilogy, Crank, The Bank Job, The Mechanic... love 'em! The scene in The Transporter where he wrestles with the bad guys in an oil slick will live with me until my dying day.


No comments:

Post a Comment