Wednesday, December 23, 2015

December 23 - Chris Mears


Each day in December I'll be celebrating a handsome man. You may ask why, but there's no meaningful reply I can give other than: why not? They'll be revealed over the next 31 days in strict alphabetical order, so no favouritism. And you never know, I might celebrate 31 women in January...!

CHRIS MEARS, 22
Now I know I'm almost old enough to be Chris's father, but since when did that stop anybody appreciating a person's handsomeness? I much, much prefer Chris to his diving cohort Tom Daley - yes, Tom's a good looking lad, but to me he has yet to grow into his face. He's 21 but still seems very boyish and too close to a teenager. Whereas Chris looks more his age, more manly and mature. He has a better physique than Tom, and I like the fact he has other passions and pursuits other than swimming. He's a keen and successful DJ and musician, and this is obviously where his path lies after the allure of the swimming pool deserts him. And those eyebrows - I do like a good, thick eyebrow - and that scar on his belly. Somehow that makes him even more attractive, as he seems fallible, more human and normal than so many of his contemporaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment