Friday, December 04, 2015

December 4 - Marlon Brando


Each day in December I'll be celebrating a handsome man. You may ask why, but there's no meaningful reply I can give other than: why not? They'll be revealed over the next 31 days in strict alphabetical order, so no favouritism. And you never know, I might celebrate 31 women in January...!

MARLON BRANDO, 1924-2004
Marlon Brando has to qualify as one of the sexiest men ever to have lived. It doesn't matter which persuasion you are, it's a universally acknowledged fact. He simply sizzles in classics such as A Streetcar Names Desire, The Wild One and On the Waterfront, and has often been voted the sexiest Hollywood star. Interestingly, I have also seen him top polls on the ideal male physique too, which surprises me as he never had the most toned, muscly body. But maybe that's the point - he had a body most men could realistically aspire too without having to consider all manner of ridiculous exercise regimes or dodgy supplements. Marlon is also often voted the greatest actor of all time. Now, I'm not sure I agree there, but it's true he was a damn fine actor, and better than 95% of the opposition. To get Marlon Brando's natural charm across fully, it's often better to use a gif...

This is from his ultimately unsuccessful screen test for Rebel
Without a Cause. Was he ever sexier?

No comments:

Post a Comment